Why Your Business Needs a Website
April 11, 2022 | Lakshmi Venugopal Identity | UX/UI Design
In today’s growing digital era, every business must have a robust online presence irrespective of the industry. Digital and technological developments over the years have caused several changes in consumer behavior. Today, people rely on the internet for almost everything and Google has become the destination for answers to almost all basic and complex questions alike.
In such an environment, it has become essential for every business to have a good website for long-term success. If you’re a successful small business owner with a good social media following but no website, you may be wondering why you need one now when your business is already doing well. In this blog, we’re going to break down why social media presence alone is not sufficient and having a website is necessary to keep growing.
Here are 7 reasons why a good website is essential for your business:
- Establish credibility : One of the primary reasons why your business needs a website is to increase your organization’s credibility in the eyes of the consumer. Over the years, studies have shown that consumers typically research a brand online before making a purchase. A recent web credibility study also indicated that 75% of consumers judge the credibility of a company based on the quality of its website. Therefore, creating a well-designed and attractive website can not only help you stand out from the competition but can also help you clearly communicate quality information.
- Establish online presence and build brand image : In today’s digital world, it is essential for organizations to have an online presence outside of their traditional social media handles. A good quality website is a great first step to building and enhancing your brand’s online presence and brand image. Additionally, your website can be used as an effective platform to shape your brand’s image and message because you’re in control of the narrative. Another interesting factor to note is that irrespective of the nature of your business, you have the potential to reach a wider audience at the right time with your website.
- Attract new customers and leads : One of the most significant reasons to have a website for your business is to attract new customers and increase your chances of generating new leads. An SEO- optimized website will help you rank well on search engines, making it easier for customers to find you. Once customers get interested in your product, your website can be a great way for them to easily get in touch.
- Clearly communicate your business offerings : Your website is the best platform for you to showcase what you can offer to potential customers. Include good quality photographs and case studies of your work to show customers what they can expect if they decide to work with you. All of this along with valuable information and content on your website can help to convert leads into paying customers.
- Showcase your work and customer testimonials : In most cases, your website is the first interaction that a potential customer has with your brand. Therefore, in addition to displaying your work, you can also showcase happy customer reviews and testimonials on your website for an additional layer of credibility. When these potential customers research your brand and read the testimonials, they start to have more faith in your brand and your work.
- Stay connected : Your website is a great way to stay connected with your customers even out of business hours. It can be used as a platform that effectively answers basic questions about your business. Additionally, any announcements and updates related to your business can be posted here for customers to see at all times. Chatbots are another great tool to engage with your customers and answer their questions outside of the usual working hours.
- Leverage digital marketing : Digital marketing can be very effective in helping your business grow and can also be used to accelerate lead generation. If you plan on using digital marketing for your business, driving quality traffic to a landing page or your website is the best way to get results. You can also review the historic traffic to your website to identify and target the most relevant and qualified customers for your business. This way, you’ll get better returns on your investment in ad spending.
To conclude, it is clear that a website plays a critical role in enabling and accelerating the growth of your business. In fact, without a website in today’s world, your business is essentially invisible. So, if you still don’t have a website for your business, we strongly recommend that you take a step in the right direction and create one immediately